Rue de'l Industrie 10
1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
The European Association for the Education of Adults is the voice of non-formal and informal adult education in Europe. EAEA is a transnational, non-profit association with 123 members in 42 countries. EAEA promotes the social inclusion aspects of the EU 2020 strategy; it promotes adult learning and the widening of access and participation in formal and non-formal adult education for all, particularly for under-represented groups. We promote learner-centred approaches that take people’s lives into account and enable them to acquire all kinds of competences, with particular attention to basic & transversal skills.
- provide information & briefings on EU policy
- cooperate with EU institutions, national & regional governments, eg the Council of Europe & UNESCO
- cooperate with stakeholders, in particular through EUCIS-LLL
- release reports, handbooks, project information & results
- provide advice and recommendations for our members’ policy work
- help members with exchange of good practice, partner search & dissemination of projects & events
EAEA aims to support and disseminate their member´s engagement in activities, partnerships, policy and curricula development, research and provision for social inclusion and cohesion, democratic participation and combating poverty and discrimination. Linked to an international network of adult education providers, EAEA is leading in mainstreaming innovative concepts in adult learning. EAEA regularly organises European conferences on topics relevant to adult education and LLL and links to other European platforms and umbrella initiatives on European level.
EAEA has a long expertise in providing dissemination services to its members and other interested organisations. With the very broad membership network Europe-wide, EAEA is a natural dissemination body when it comes to projects and initiatives in the field of adult education.
The Finale project on EAEA's website