Instituto de Inovação e Desenvolvimento Social de Barcelos
Institute for Innovation and Social Development Barcalos
Rua Dr. José Júlio Vieira Ramos
4750-180 Barcelos, Portugal
Kerigma Innovation and Social Development is a non-profit organization founded in 1996 aiming at promoting integrated development of people, organizations and the community, creating services, solutions and products of excellence that contribute to an active citizenship, solidarity and social cohesion. Based on values of equality and social responsibility, innovation and empowerment of people and organizations, Kerigma works in the area of Lifelong Learning, psychosocial support and support to employment and entrepreneurship.
In the area of Lifelong Learning, Kerigma's mission is to support the development of institutional policies for education and Lifelong Learning, promoting, in an institutional context, the relevance and flexibility of educational and formative answers in the context of a knowledge society. Knowledge society should become more qualified, fair and competitive, more tolerant and with a greater intercultural consciousness.
Strategic goals of Kerigma are:
- the promotion of an integrated articulation space of initiatives for education and training;
- the affirmation of quality and the diversity of training evolutions;
- the valorisation of the recognition of prior learning processes;
- the qualification of education and training actors;
- the promotion of the qualification for organizations;
- the promotion of quality and innovation in the curriculum domain, the methodologies, the learning resources and the processes of our educational offer;
- the planning, organization and execution of educational projects and mobility, in particular, in Europe.
The Gender Equality Office (GIO), working since 2003, aims to promote Equal opportunities in all contexts, namely between men and women, developing actions as: support and counseling; information and awareness about Equal Opportunities; training of strategic audiences in Gender Equality; investigation and development of technical and psycho-pedagogical resources about the thematic of Gender Equality; support for women entrepreneurship. The intervention addresses individuals and organizations in the fields of: work, employment and professional training, the conciliation between family and professional life; violence in the family or workplace, sharing of decision processes, culture, education and health; women entrepreneurship.
Kerigma is a member of the board of the European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) and is also the National Point of Contact for ECWT - European Center for Women & Technology.